Wednesday, October 14, 2009

FABRIC FABRIC FABRIC and CARDIGAN
















I'm sorry! I know it's been ages...but I've been having technical difficulties in getting these pictures my computer and then finally onto this blog. At the beginning of the month, my clothing class took a field trip to Vogue Fabics in Evanston. There I found a beautiful purple knit for my prom dress and some lovely knit/lace fabric that I will make something out of. What I don't know yet. I'm thinking a top or perhaps a dress. I just saw the fabric and it was too beautiful to resist, it almost looks like snakeskin from far away. I also took an old cardigan from the gap (kids size XL, I'm still that tiny) and made the sleeves 3/4 length. Since I don't have a serger, I just overcast the edges and it gave them a nice scalloped effect that I rather like. I'll handwash it so it doesn't ravel. I'll try to update more often! Thanks for reading! (Purple fabric is for prom dress, brown/lacy fabric is for something else, pattern for prom dress is also included.)

No comments:

Post a Comment