Friday, November 27, 2009

Don't Try This At Home




Alright, it's been awhile. I do have stuff to post...but I'm too lazy to get the pictures off my phone and onto the computer. I recently finished sewing a pair of skinny jeans in my clothing class and I have to say I'm quite disappointed in myself. The jeans turned out alright, but there are plenty of little mistakes that you can see if you look at them up close (and know how to sew). While jeans aren't hard to make from a technical point of view, there are so many little details and I got bored of them....hence the lazy sewing and many mistakes. I do love the embroidery on the back pockets though, courtesy of the embroidery machine, which I someday hope to own, but they're expensive. These jeans took me...I'm going to say a little over a month. Now if you made these at home it would be quicker, but I'm only working on these 5 days a week for 45 minutes a day. I don't think I'll ever make jeans again....or pants for that matter. I'm just not a pants person. I would not recommend jeans for beginners unless you honestly have a passion for pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment