Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cats or Owls?




I made this dress last year while I was at home recovering from surgery....I was bored out of my mind! This dress was actually quite simple to make. All I did was take a big piece of knit fabric, line it with plain white knit fabric, cut the top so it was an inch smaller than my bust and made the bottom an inch smaller than my hips. Then I sewed it up, like a tube, so that there's one side seam and made a few adjustments. Everyone always argues about this dress though, some people think there are cats on the dress, other people say it's owls. So, cats or owls?





I made the vest this year using a Simplicity pattern. It's a very simple vest, I didn't bother adding any little pocket flaps or embellishments. I just needed a plain vest to help jazz up some other outfits. In case you haven't already noticed, I tend to like either really edgy clothes or class old-school preppy clothes.




The key I'm wearing was found at the Antique Mall. If you haven't been, I suggest you go immediately. It's in the little strip mall area right by Fox Valley Mall (Or westfield...whatever it's called nowadays).


2 comments: