Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Not sure how this was Allowed to be Published

Recently in French Elle, they had a fashion spread with "plus sized" model Tara Lynn . She supposedly represents normal women. I'm going to be blunt here and say that French Elle failed horribly. Tara has a beautiful face, but the majority of women I meet are not this big. In fact, a dietician once told me that most American women are a size 10/12. If most "normal" people are a size 10/12, then why aren't these women in magazines that want to show "normal" people? Why are models either very slim or obese? This makes no sense!



I'm not against skinny girls (being one myself) or the obsese women, but I just wish that when a magazine says "we have normal women!!!" they actually mean it. I only found two pictures where Tara looked stunning (which I have included). In the rest, she looks uncomfortable, she needs clothes that flatter her body, not just fasionable ones thrown on her large frame. How about instead of putting emaciated girls or obese ones in magazines, we show slender but healthy people?
Oh, here's the link if you want to see the rest of the spread. http://http://www.slide.com/s/uGu6XpX-tT9WCyc3IXGLaPR5v8RCkSTs?dir=-1

No comments:

Post a Comment