Thursday, February 4, 2010

Plaid Shorts




I actually made these shorts last year in Clothing II, but I thought I'd write about them today, along with my outfit in general. I don't care what anyone says, I love wearing tights with shorts. It's the perfect combination and makes use of clothes all year long. I also love mixing patterns as long as both have a similar color scheme.




Sweater was a gift, shorts I made myself, tights are from Target, and the key is from an antique store. Most people avoid working with plaid because they find it too time consuming to match the plaids (you have to match the lines in the plaid along your seams so you get one continuous plaid instead of a hot a mess), but I love how it looks so I don't care. If you do want to work with plaid, pick a big balanced one that's not too crazy and don't worry about matching up the plaids in curved seams like sleeves.

1 comment: